Search This Blog

Friday 14 December 2012

Introduction

I chose 'It's my life' as the title of my blog because it is MY life, not theirs, I cannot let sick people waste my time, take away the joy in my life or that of my children.

I want this blog to be a place for support, comfort and healing for people who are dealing with narcissists. I have had to deal with a malignant narcissistic mother in-law for about 15 years now. Her behaviour has bewildered, frustrated, angered and frightened me. I am someone who doesn't want to cave in and accept that it is as it is. I am on a journey to make my world a better place and if I can help others on my way that would be a big plus. In my belief system we are here on this earth to grow, to learn and to help each other. Being honest with myself and others is one of the key foundations of how I live. I have found that there are a great many people that don't share this opinion. Never mind them. To those who are on a journey to enjoy this life, please share with me your experiences, your struggles and your knowledge. If you want to help others to know that they are not alone in their struggles with narcissists please post here. I want to create a place from where you can progress. I would like to help spread the word, share my story, and this way possibly speed up the process for other people dealing with narcissists or at least help them feel less lonely. Monsters live and thrive in the dark and that's why they need to be exposed. Let's shine a light! Take care of yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging sphere! I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog & I wanted to thank you. My heart goes out to you as when I read your introduction, I can totally relate. I am married to a MEM with a narcissistic, passive-aggressive & very manipulative MIL. It's taken me 10 years to decode why my husband behaves the way he does and why there has been so much conflict with his family & between us. Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts & information to help with dealing with the complications of toxic relationships. I often feel alone in this battle. Thanks for helping me to realize I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous, You are not alone in dealing with these kinds of people. It is so important to know that. Let it be the first step to gain your strength and start putting yourself first! Your emotional well being is the most important of all, from there you can build a better world for yourself, and then those around you. I'm at a much better place now. I due time I will post on that. For now I'm enjoying my rest and the peace and calm I have in the relationship with my husband. Wishing you all the best on your journey! It will get better, start with putting yourself first! ATB, J

    ReplyDelete